Dr. Rana Sullivan Foundation Scholarships was established in 2020 to serve as the Charitable, Educational, and Mentoring programs extension of Rana Sullivan Ministries. The foundation scholarships will fund over seven different scholarships annually. Many scholarships are designated for orphans, dependents of practicing clergy, and children of single parents with income less than $35,000 annually. The faith-based scholarships will be school-specific, and therefore only available to students enrolled in the sponsoring Christian college or university. A large proportion of these scholarships will also be tied to specific studies, often targeting theology majors and students entering into missionary work. Others may be general study scholarships or scholarships specific to student type, such as the dependents of practicing clergy. Due to many of these scholarship programs' specificity and their limited nature, the competition for these awards is fierce. Students should apply early for the best results.
The following examples of college-specific Christian scholarships should give students an idea of the types of programs being offered by faith-based colleges and universities around the country.
Eligibility and General Information:
1. Applications must be a minority.
2. Applicants must be a graduating senior or an undergraduate in an accredited college or university.
3. The scholarship is a cash award payable to the recipient or to a college/university of the recipient's designation. The amount and number of awards will vary depending upon the monies available.
4. High School GPA (grade point average) of 2.5 or a college GPA of 3.0 is required.
5. Applicants must be enrolled in a college/university before the scholarship money is released.
6. Primary consideration for the scholarship is a scholastic achievement, leadership qualities, and community involvement.
Application Deadline: May 31st, annually
The application must reach the scholarship committee on or before this date. The date is not a postmark deadline. If the application is incomplete or late, it will not be considered.
In order to be considered for Dr. Rana Sullivan Foundation Scholarships, an applicant must comply with the listed application procedures.
1. The applicant must complete the scholarship application form.
2. The applicant must write a one-page essay explaining why he/she wishes to be considered for Dr. Rana Sullivan Foundation Scholarships.
3. The applicant must submit a high school or college transcript and two (2) letters of recommendation from a counselor, teacher, professor, or other school official or community leader. It is the responsibility of the student to secure the letters of recommendations to be returned with the application.
4. The applicant must send the scholarship application, official high school transcript or college transcript, two (2) letters of recommendation, and the one-page essay to firstname.lastname@example.org